Forum Discussion

JMcKinley
Contributor
15 years ago

SSL Certificates and SOAP UI Pro

At some point, the web services I'm testing will have certificates implemented.

This is an area I've never dealt with... what will I need to do to my requests in order to make them work with certificates?

Thanks!

7 Replies

• Thanks! I will look over the documentation and if I have specific questions or run into issues, I will contact the forum again 
  • I do have a follow-up question:

Looking at the documentation, I see the instructions on how to assign the information to global settings. I then see documentation on how to associate the item with each request (need to look at this in more detail though)...

Question:

I already have many requests set up in many test cases. All of these requests will need to use the certificate(s). Is there something I can do so that I don't have to edit each request to use the certificate? For example, can I somehow associate the certificate with the test suite or endpoint so I don't have to edit each request?

Thanks!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Sorry, but at the moment, there is no way to do that in SoapUI.

To make things simpler for you, you could try writing a script to add the certificate to all the TestCases.

Good luck!

/Nenad
    http://eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    If that's the case, why is there an option to set this globally?

And will this be addressed in the next version as arguably, that's a huge usability hit to require manually updating all these parameters on a test step level.
    Tony_Sheng
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    I do agree with Mason. Currently, this is really a huge usability hit which require manually updation of certificates in each request. Also at project level setting, the absolute path is been taken.Will this issue be addressed soon?

Thanks & Regards,
    Tony
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    We are planning to do a lot more on security in a future release. Thanks for your patience in the mean time, and we will try to do wahtever we can to help.

/Nenad
    http://eviware.com