Forum Discussion

13 years ago

soapui 4.0 Ubuntu Natty install problem

I installed Soapui 4.0 on Ubuntu Natty release and everything seemed to go well. When I launch the program, however, it hangs - the only buttons that are active are minimize and maximize - everything else (including close) is frozen.

5 Replies

testingwithfire
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm having the same problem as the original poster. SoapUI 4.0.0 on Ubuntu Natty Narwhal.

I did not install as root; I put SoapUI in my home directory. The UI opens but it's completely frozen - I'll probably have to kill the process.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Try adding -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true to JAVA_OPTS in soapui.sh. Or if you are using launcher just add it at the end of soapUI*.vmoptions file.

Hope this helps, let me know
    robert
    /SmartBear Sweden
  • To by pass this issue one dirty solution would be:

Dowload libgthread-2.0 debian package used under Ubuntu at: http://91.189.94.219/natty/i386/libglib2.0-0/download
    The package installer would not allow you to install it because a more recent version is available on your distro. To resolve this, extract the deb archive and copy theses 2 files with root priviledges under /usr/lib/ :

- libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0
    - libglib2.0-0_2.28.6-0ubuntu1_i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0.2800.6

If necessary you'll have to do update your database:
    sudo updatedb

Then soapui 4.0 should start without freezing at all and wihtout the boggus error message above.