Forum Discussion

Jules_T
Visitor
2 years ago

SmartBear on-Premise License Server LDAP authentication problems

Hi,

I have just installed and configured the On-Premise License Server for ReadyAPI, licenses imported etc and available for clients to request.

No licenses are being processed when requests come in nor can I assign users to a license.

- LDAP is configured but is not showing any users in the license server app - I can't select any from a list or type a user name to search. LDAP is configured correctly as the username to retrieve the information is authenticating against the directory;

- If I choose the option "Access for Everyone" where LDAP/Kerberos are not used, it still doesn't work - If I go to ReadyAPI on a users w/s and request a license from the server (either using IP / DNS - inc. FQDN / and including the port 40892) nothing happens - its looks like its communicating but nothing happens, no error and the app is still unlicensed. There is also no logfile I can find with any helpful information.

The SB documentation on this is shockingly bad or non-existent - I have logged a support ticket but no response at all even after escalating. I don't know if the fact that we are trialling this (we have evaluation licenses) is an issue?

If anyone has had similar issues I'd be grateful for any pointers!

Thanks,

Julian.

No RepliesBe the first to reply