Forum Discussion

calandale
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Script behavior differs between command line & maven plugin

I'm seeing significantly different behavior between the way the testrunner.bat (and the UI) process scripts in relation to loading Keystores and how the maven plugin does. With 4.0.1 and (pro)4.0.2-SNAPSHOT (the 'stable' version returns other errors) the "load script" clearly runs, but it does not change the keystore used to run the script - seeing following errors:

11:29:23,921 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [Probably bad PKCS12 password: java.io.IOException: failed to decrypt safe contents entry: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero], see error log for details

along with rather expected:

11:29:24,483 ERROR [WsdlSubmit] Exception in request: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
11:29:24,483 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [peer not authenticated], see error log for details

These tests run fine off the testrunner.bat, or the UI

The load script does the following:

import com.eviware.soapui.settings.SSLSettings;
import com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI;

def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils(context)
SoapUI.settings.setString( SSLSettings.KEYSTORE, groovyUtils.projectPath + "mystore.p12" )
SoapUI.settings.setString( SSLSettings.KEYSTORE_PASSWORD, "myPassword" )

This is a work-around attempt, to make the settings dynamic on a bamboo server - a necessary matter for our organization.
The UI entered data also does not get loaded by the plugin (haven't tested that on the testrunner.bat)

5 Replies

calandale
    Occasional Contributor
    Behavioral difference that I'm seeing is that the plugin does not appear to have a context

SoapUI.settings.setString( SSLSettings.KEYSTORE, groovyUtils.projectPath + "/PT_mystore.p12" )
    SoapUI.settings.setString( SSLSettings.KEYSTORE_PASSWORD, "myPass" )

log.info("path to keystore: " + SoapUI.settings.getString(SSLSettings.KEYSTORE,"missing"))

is logging JUST /PT_mystore.p12

From the command line, it is able to determine context.
    calandale
    Occasional Contributor
    This behavior seems tied to launching from maven itself.

Ran under the exec plugin and seeing same behavior.

Appears to be no documentation on these interactions - and as this thread shows, no support.
    calandale
    Occasional Contributor
    Behavior surrounds the population of the 'context' as used here:

Somehow, maven (both under plugin AND running straight through the exec plugin) is interfering with SOAPUI's ability to populate this value with a path.

Of course, without IDE support, it's not apparent how to debug this behavior.
    terrip
    New Contributor
    FWIW, I see the same behavior when executing from ant. For reasons other than just this one, I downloaded a nightly snapshot build, including the source code. There's nothing like the source code! I opened up the GroovyUtils.java class in a text editor and found this:

public final String getProjectPath()
    {
    Project project = ModelSupport.getModelItemProject( context.getModelItem() );

String path = project.getPath();
    int ix = path.lastIndexOf( File.separatorChar );
    return ix == -1 ? "" : path.substring( 0, ix );
    }

Notice the line

int ix = path.lastIndexOf( File.separatorChar );

So, it turns out that you *have* to specify the project file name using a platform-specific separator character, even if you are using ant/maven. I was sending this: ../projects/<projectFileName>.xml When I changed it to this: ..\\projects\\<projectFileName>.xml, all worked as it should have.
    terrip
    New Contributor
    Slight correction to my previous post...

Here is how I construct the path to my project file for the ant java task:

<arg value="${soapui.project.folder}\${soapui.project.name}"/>

Notice that I don't have to specify \\ in the path name -- a single \ is sufficient. Similarly, when I run testrunner.bat from a DOS shell, I do the following:

testrunner.bat ..\projects\DirectoryMessaging.xml

Again, a single backslash is sufficient.