Forum Discussion

simon_glet
Regular Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

License check behavior

Greetings,

Let's say that I have 3 TestComplete (TC) and 3 TestExecute (TE) floating licences with 10 machines that have, each, the two applications installed (TC and TE).

If the Network Suites tasks run out of TestComplete licences what happens with the next task to execute ?

- Will it run TestExecute ?

- Will it wait for TC licences to become available ? Is there a timeout ?

- ?

A nice Network Suite task configuration option would be to have a third option in the "Remote Application" column: Any Test Runner. That option would run any of the two (TC or TE) installed  based on the available licenses.

One way to manage that would be to use the COM Integration Object and change the value of that column based on the task status. Is the NetworkSuite Object available from the Integration Object ? Has it been done ?

Thanks

Simon Glet

• Hi Simon,

When configuring the NetworkSuite settings, specify what product will be used to execute tests - TestComplete or TestExecute. So, to answer your questions:

if you specify TestComplete to execute tests, the master computer will wait for TestComplete.

- Will it wait for TC licenses to become available ? Is there a timeout ?

It will wait for ~90 sec. If the license isn't available when this timeout is over, the test execution will be stopped.

Actually, we are using a third-party licensing system developed by Sentinel HASP. I know that they provide API for their product. So, I suppose that it's possible to use it to check whether the license is available on the needed computer or not. You can google it.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Simon,

When configuring the NetworkSuite settings, specify what product will be used to execute tests - TestComplete or TestExecute. So, to answer your questions:

if you specify TestComplete to execute tests, the master computer will wait for TestComplete.

- Will it wait for TC licenses to become available ? Is there a timeout ?

It will wait for ~90 sec. If the license isn't available when this timeout is over, the test execution will be stopped.

Actually, we are using a third-party licensing system developed by Sentinel HASP. I know that they provide API for their product. So, I suppose that it's possible to use it to check whether the license is available on the needed computer or not. You can google it.