Forum Discussion

TSeieroe
Contributor
16 years ago

Saving Response Data to a Excel -> DataSink

I need to save each of these "value" and "writeable" to an excel sheet with value and writeable as columns and their data as rows.

Can you assist?

InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANPPPConnection.1.Stats.EthernetPacketsReceived
        false

InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANDSLLinkConfig.
        false

InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANPPPConnection.1.ConnectionType
        true

InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANDSLLinkConfig.DestinationAddress
        true

19 Replies

• Would it be an enhancement request to insert new worksheet's into the current spreadsheet?
  • Opps... Their seems to be a limit on the number of elements within an array which will be read and written out..

One of my objects contains 249 elements I Only get about 100?????

Don't tell me I found another bug?

I just forgot to set a upper limit of something, please...
  • I can write them to a seperate text file csv format and I get all 249 elements.  However, when appending them to the same text file csv, they fail...
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

hmm.. is this the same DataSink as above? Can you send me a response with 249 items so I can try to reproduce?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi again!

regarding the creation of a new Worksheet; if you in the Excel DataSink configuration panel specify a worksheet name not present in the specified file, that worksheet will be created for you instead. Is this what you require?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Yes, it is the same DataSink, in Excel the new worksheet is added but, cannot be appended to.

However, I was able to append to a Text.csv file, the problem with the text file is when the array or number of elements is over say 50+ the data becomes lost or overwritten in the file.

I have attached the project, response 5 & 12 of 15 along with the datasink.csv

Note:  I can have responses with more than 6100 elements.

PS:  I may need your direct email address for you Ole, if you do not get the attachments.
      5 of 15 Response.xml    171KB
      DataSink                          66KB
      Project                            482KB
  • omatzura wrote:

Hi again!

regarding the creation of a new Worksheet; if you in the Excel DataSink configuration panel specify a worksheet name not present in the specified file, that worksheet will be created for you instead. Is this what you require?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com

Yes, this will insert the worksheet with the new name.  However, it destroy's all other worksheets within the current.  Thus defeting the purpose of inserting the new worksheet.  Ouch...  I have attached my template containing 15 worksheets what I end up with is the last data and only one worksheet.  Also attached to this message.
  • Ole,

I have created a new TestCase called "Get Object Model" and in this test everything works great if the text.csv file is always append.

So I delete or rename the text.csv file then run the TestCase.

All objects and values are output properly.

Don't figure, but the code is a great deal simpler.  Now that I'm getting the hang of this tool...

I hope you are able to figure out what is wrong with the other ways I tried during this learning lesson.

Sincerly,

Terry
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

thanks for posting all this and putting up with the issues you have encountered, I'll try to reproduce and fix what needs to be fixed, I'll let you know. If you want to mail me any files directly, my email is ole@eviware.com

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com