Forum Discussion

Jim_Cusack
Contributor
11 years ago

[Res] SOAPUI Pro with TIBCO EMS 8.0

Has anyone been able to send a JMS message to EMS 8.0 using SOAPUI Pro 4.6.4?

I am unable to get Hermes to create an EMS 8.0 Provider and suspect it is a JAVA JRE version error - but can not get it to work with EMS 8.0 jars.

11 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    TIBCO EMS 8.0 supports JMS 2.0 spec. May be you can try with jms-2.0.jar. What java version are you using?
  • Rao,

Have you tried using the jms-2.0.jar file?

Regards,

Jim Cusack
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    No, am not.

Interested to know what is not working with the version you mentioned.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I looked at the docx you sent with the screen shots and noticed you had the plugin set to "Default" instead of "Tibco EMS". You will need to set the plugin to "Tibco EMS" if you plan to use TIBCO as your messaging system.

Did select scan when prompted after adding the TIBCO jar files to the classpath group? You will need to scan the jar files for the needed classes. Is this problem just for TIBCO EMS 8.0 or other TIBCO versions you are using as well?

Please see this link on configuring TIBCO and HermesJMS as their maybe more jar files you need to add.
    http://www.hermesjms.com/confluence/dis ... S+Tutorial

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Pls try adding tibcrypt.jar in EMS8 classpath if it shows up class loader.
  • I think I have it working - it appears I can't have both the EMS 6.1 and EMS 8.0 Jars in different providers - I started from scratch and just created an EMS 8.0 provider and it seems to be working now.
      AGE_GER

Can you please provide some more details about your steps?

I'm able to discover destinations and send messages in Hermes. Also, I'm able to refer the Hermes session in SOAPUI and to define a JMS Endpoint. But when I press the 'send request' button in soapui, I do not see any message on the JMS queue I've specified. Unfortunately, I don't see an error in SOAPUI as well, so I've no clue where to start :(

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Glad you could figure out. Yes that is true and will clash while load if every thing under hermes/lib as that was being referred in heremes.bat/sh.
  • How can I configure hermes to connect to EMS using a JNDI connection?

Thanks,

JVC