Forum Discussion

adolynskyy
New Contributor
9 years ago

Ready! API and Jenkins integration

Dear SmartBear Support,

For many years our company was using SoapUI Pro tool for various web services testing. We also integrated it into our CI (Continues Integration) system where we use Windows platform as a primary operting system and Jenkins tool for providing CI services. Everything worked as a charm... till the time we have decided to update our configuration from SoapUI Pro to Ready! API Pro tool. 

On the one of our Windows Jenkins Slaves (to which tests executions are limited) I've installed Ready API Pro tool and registered the license we bought previously. Activation process went successfully and I was able to run the tests on the same Jenkins Slave, manually (not by triggering a job but simply from tool's UI). Also everything was successful with running tests from command line using testrunner.bat utility.

The next logical step forward was to try to run tests directly by triggering a Jenkins job.

Just to clarify existing and couple of new things, here are some details:

1. Jenkins Master - Windows OS
  2. Jenkins Slave - Windows OS (test executions are limited to this PC only)
  3. Jenkins Slave has Ready! API Pro tool installed and license activation was successful
  4. The user for which Ready API Pro was instaleld in the same under which Jenkins slave is running
  5. I'm using 'Execute Windows batch command' Jenkins build step to run testrunner.bat utility, same as it was before for SoapUI Pro

And unfortunately I'm receiving such error message when I finally kicked off a job:

07:56:00,874 INFO  [PluginManager] 5 plugins loaded in 1885 ms
07:56:00,874 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded
No valid SoapUI NG license exists.
Please enter absolute path of the license file (.zip or .key):
07:56:00,915 ERROR [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
07:56:00,915 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occurred [No line found], see error log for details
java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
	at java.util.Scanner.nextLine(Unknown Source)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.util.CommandLineUtils.readLine(CommandLineUtils.java:69)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.headless.HeadlessLicenseInstaller.installLicense(HeadlessLicenseInstaller.java:32)
07:56:00,916 ERROR [errorlog] java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
	at java.util.Scanner.nextLine(Unknown Source)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.util.CommandLineUtils.readLine(CommandLineUtils.java:69)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.headless.HeadlessLicenseInstaller.installLicense(HeadlessLicenseInstaller.java:32)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.LicenseManagerServiceImpl.promptForLicenseInHeadlessMode(LicenseManagerServiceImpl.java:181)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:91)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:257)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:160)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:82)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:78)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.LicenseManagerServiceImpl.promptForLicenseInHeadlessMode(LicenseManagerServiceImpl.java:181)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:91)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:257)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:160)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:82)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:78)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Please help to understand what kind of license it is talking about? SoapUI NG? But it is successfully activated and even when I open the UI of Ready API Pro tool on the same environment I'm running tests on - I see following:

If there are additional details I can provide - please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help or assistance.

Regards,

-Andrew

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Is ReadyAPI installed on both master and slave machines?
      adolynskyy
      New Contributor

No, it is only installed on slave machine. 

Thanks,

Andrew

adolynskyy
        New Contributor

This is resolved by installing Ready! API on the Jenkins Master and limiting test execution job to this machine.

Unfortunately, I didn't figure out why I have issues with running tests on Slave machine.

Anyway, it is good that we are not blocked anymore.

Thanks,

Andrew