Forum Discussion

14 years ago

LoadUI supporting SSL

We have a bunch of SOAPUI projects which are designed to hit secure web services. These work great since I can insert ssl auth info into each request as user/pass combo on the auth tab of the request. Also, SOAPUI supports ssl keystores and their associated passwords in the preferences section of the program. My question is this, does load UI support something similiar? Based on 15 minutes of experience with load UI is does not seem to. I am importing these very same projects into load UI and they are failing with java.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed. This leads me to believe loadUI is not picking up the keystore from the soap UI project settings. Is there some configuration I am missing? I would love to use this tool for load testing and I am hoping this is a feature that is ready or close to ready. Thanks for the help!

8 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

we will hopefully have this fixed for the final release.. stay tuned!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Beno_Iskratel
    Frequent Contributor
    this isn't fixed in final release, is it?

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

without this loadUI is usless for me.

with best regards,
    beno
  • I just got this too. I see there's a keystore file for loadUI at C:\Documents and Settings\houston.haynes\.loadui on my Windows machine, but I don't know now to get my keystore from soapUI over to it - or to point loadUI to my soapUI keystore...
  • Disregard my previous post. Just thrashing around trying to get a hand-hold on how to make this work. So far I can *only* get test cases to send if they are going from a HTTP endpoint - HTTPS fails in all cases for all requests.

Right now I'm with Beno.
  • Can anyone tell me what these settings mean? (from the loadUI application System Properties window)

deployment.security.browser.keystore.use=true
    deployment.security.clientauth.keystore.auto=true
    nskc4
    New Contributor
    Any update on SSL support?

I need to run performance testing on a web based system with ssl certificate login. I recently downloaded loadUI and new to all of this... any assistance would be appreciated!
  • Best to start a new thread if you have a finding. I hit a snag with the latest version and eviware seemed to think that the clients I was running were out of date (they weren't).
    nskc4
    New Contributor
    thanks for the tip. im new at this and trying to get started