Forum Discussion

ssveera
New Contributor
11 years ago

LOADUI failing to create new requests

Hello,

I'm performing a load testing using a SoapUI runner (with all the default parameters). I'm using a Ramp Sequence Generator to generate load on a webservice. The Ramp Duration has been Selected as 60sec, Peak Duration as 600sec and PeakRate as 30VU/Sec.

My issue is, as soon as i start running this test from LOADUI, i do see that the number of requests displayed in SOAPUI runner keeps increasing and similarly the number of completed requests & running requests keeps on increasing. But after certain time, suddenly the number of requests remain constant and from there on no new requests are created. That counter remains constant.I tried the same test with a sample PeakRate of 15VU/sec before this test was run and ran it for 600sec and that test passed. But since the PEAKRATE was changed to 30VU/sec, this issue is observed. Can you please help me identify the reason for this issue?

3 Replies

• It can be two things: Either your LoadUI machine is too weak to handle the load, or your server is too weak to handle the load. If it's the latter, you'll see the Queued counter increasing in the SoapUI Runner. Read more here.
    ssveera
    New Contributor
    When the test was running the CPU utilization on my load generator machine was just touching 30% and it didn't max out on the server too. It's just that LOADUI stopped creating new requests. Is there something that you would want me to check to give you more info on this issue
  • Hi,
    Could you try to look in the System Log in the bottom panel and see if anything strange is happening?

Regards,
    Max