Forum Discussion

Mahesh_Narayana
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

JUnit Report suggestion

Hi

I had posted on the forum (see thread http://www.eviware.com/component/option ... opic,901.0) about problems I had with the JUnit reporting with data driven functional tests.

I wonder if you might consider some of these features in a future release ...
- Enable individual test steps to be reported on the JUnit report
- Let the user choose which test steps they want to see on the report.
- Let the user choose whether to show the request / response in the failed JUnits. If the request / responses are too large, they sometimes end up making the JUnit output unreadable.
- Force the user to provide a meaningful English description of each assertion. If the test step fails due to assertion failures, log the English description in the Junit report.
- Let the user choose any property values (global test suite / test case / test step properties) they want to see on the report. All such properties can then be added to the "SYSOUT" section of the JUnit report.

I didn't do the "let the user choose" parts, but I ended up creating a custom listener so I could get a more useful JUnit output for my QA Team / Business users. Unfortunately, my custom listener is not at all generic , but I thought these reporting features probably will be helpful to other users as well.

Thanks
Mahesh

1 Reply

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Mahesh,

thanks for your great feedback. Reporting is at the top of our list for the next major release, so your ideas and suggestions are very very welcome.. sorry to keep you waiting..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com