Forum Discussion

jameshnb
Contributor
7 years ago

Version: 11.5Build: 11.5.739

Version:11.5
Build:11.5.739

The latest update has just bee forced upon us.. and it seems there are a few quirks.

The Attachments and Notes fields a - despite have a single character title and single field entry the field width cannot be made smaller.. the whole changing width of columns also appears to behave unexpectedly.

Can this be resolved in any way?

8 Replies

paulgudgeon
    New Contributor

We have experienced issues with every change to the UI to date. For a company that supplies QA software, this is pretty poor.

Our latest issues revolves around Folders. We cannot see all of the folders in the dropdown on the defect listing screen, nor can we see the full folder list in the dropdown within the defect itself, including the current folder for the defect! Plus, Folde Name, on the listing screen, contains the folder ID instead.

This is making the product virtually unusable for us. I shudder with dread every time I see there is a planned release...

CGangloff

Hello paulgudgeon

Thank you for your post. We have received your support case and our team is already working on the folder displaying issue as well as the folder ID instead of folder name issue. I will respond to your support case as soon as I have an update.

Thank you and Best Regards,
      Christiane

KENROSS
    New Contributor

We're experiencing the same issue with folders not being available in the drop down.  In addition, the option to export defects into an excel csv isn't working either.

CGangloff

Hello KENROSS,

Thank you for your post. We have received your support cases. At this time I am unable to replicate the export issue and provided you with my recording on my response through the case.

Thank you and Best Regards,
      Christiane

paulgudgeon
        New Contributor

The behaviour of the defect export has certainly changed. The file now needs to be saved before it can be opened, rather than opened straight away.

Switching to the Traceability view, from the top Defects menu, still offers the old UI and the old functionality. This is a possible workaround. CGangloff I can provide videos showing this behaviour directly to you.

(this is also a temporary workaround for the folder issue also)

richardm_1
    New Contributor

Other issues we've found in the latest release:

1. The formatting menu bar doesn't stick to the top of the active field but floats over the screen as you scroll.

2. The defect assigned to and user fields are not sorted alphabetically anymore.

3. The main scroll bar on the right is too small.

4. The performance on Save is very poor. Takes about 15 seconds and no indication that it is saving.

5. The Export to csv only outputs the defects visible on screen and not the full filtered list. i.e Only the first page of defects is output unless you display all defects on the first page.