Forum Discussion

kcook
Contributor
14 years ago

Can I kick someone out of a session?

Hi.. In Software Planner I don't see the ability anywhere to kick a user out of a session (if logged in).  I do have my session timeout set at default (30 minutes)... but was wondering if Software Planner had (or is planning on) this functionality.  I'm consistently adding more users and would appreciate this feature.

Also... when I look at Setup/Security/Users ... there's a "Logged On?" column that is not correct.  In other words, I know one other person is not logged in - unless once a users session times out this is not taken into consideration... ?

14 Replies

• Hello Kary,

Software Planner has no options to allow you to be able to kick off users.  Best practice is to have users log off if they are not using the tool.  The reason for this is that kicking off inactive users may cause possible data corruption and data loss if that user has not saved their changes.
    Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    Anik, I have come across this issue and opened a ticket with SmartBear support.  The problem lies in that the user's UserId value never makes it to the actual SQL, which is why you see "...WHERE UserID = AND..." when it should look something like "...WHERE UserID = 20132 AND..."

I've recorded the problem so they can see exactly what I'm trying to describe in the ticket.

Thanks Kurtis for the follow-up. The problem is that when we click on the link to kick someone out, no matter who, we obtain an error message "An error occurred while processing your request and has been logged with the System Administrator. If you continue receiving this error message, please contact Support".

In the Report-Administrative-Error Logs, I get this error details :

[0][0][0]Invalid SQL:

UPDATE PersonLogins SET DateLogout = GETDATE(), LoggedOutBy = 'Cadieux, Anik ' WHERE UserId = AND DeptId = 8162 AND DateLogout Is NULL

UPDATE Persons SET IsLoggedOn = 'N' WHERE UserId = AND IsLoggedOn = 'Y'

If you have any clue, thanks for letting me know !

Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    Kary, there is a way for administrators of self hosted ALM sites to kill user sessions, but it currently is broken.  After you're logged in, change the URL to:  {yourWebsiteDomain}/Common/Logon.asp?WCI=tplUserList

It will provide you with a way to see who currently has open sessions in the database.

Each username is a link, which when clicked on, should clear that user's session.

Until SmartBear provides a fix for this, you can clear sessions using the following SQL directly in your databases sql window, after substituting curly braces and their contents with your actual data:

UPDATE PersonLogins SET DateLogout=GETDATE(), LoggedOutBy='Your Name'

WHERE UserId IN ({PUT COMMA SEPARATED USERIDS TO CLEAR SESSIONS FOR HERE})

AND DeptId={THE DEPT ID FOR THE USERS ABOVE}

AND DateLogout IS NULL;

Then run:

UPDATE Persons SET IsLoggedOn = 'N'

WHERE (UserId IN ({SAME COMMA SEPARATED USERIDS AS ABOVE})) AND IsLoggedOn = 'Y';
    awadhwa
    New Contributor
    Hi,

We're using Smartbear Collaborator v8.0.8001.

Do we've ability to configure (edit) default 2 hour timeout?

If yes, where in admin interface? In some xml file in backend?

If we don't which version has this feature?

Is upgrade to that version free for us?

Thanks!