Forum Discussion

cognot
New Contributor
11 years ago

[CodeReviewer] Code Collaborator Eclipse plugin and Kepler.

Hi,

It seems the latest 7.x (7.3.7304.005) has issues which renders it completely unusable in the latest (Kepler - 4.3) Eclipse distribution.

• double clicking on files in the review does not open them, you have to right-click and open in the contextual menu (minor).

• diff does not work at all. It complains about having too many diffs, tells me to ignore white spaces, and shows both versions of the files side by side with no diff highlighted. Needless to say turning off whitespace in diffs does not help.

We're using SVN 1.7. Nothing has changed serverside or in my sandboxes. Diffs in Eclipse against the SVN repo works as usual.

Regards,

Richard.

7 Replies

rpaterson
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello Richard,

This is a known issue that we're tracking as Case 70492.  All 4.x versions of Eclipse are affected.  I'm working on a fix right now...

Regards,

Roy
    rpaterson
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    FYI I decided to split the "too many differences" error off as a separate case - we're tracking that as case 74171.  Fixes for both cases are now in review...

Roy
    cognot
    New Contributor
    Hi,

any news on this topic? Last 7.x client is still 7.3.7304.005...

Regards,

Richard.
  • Yes, we'd love to know when this fix is available. Just upgraded our whole dev team to Kepler and now we're dead in the water with CodeCollaborator :<

Thanks!
    dkarr_1
    Occasional Contributor
    We're planning an upgrade to the latest version in the very near future. Is there an 8.x version?  Is this bug also in that version? If so, what is the ETA for a fix for that version?

• Also interested in this fix, presumably it will fix hg as well? Also will fix be backported to codecollab 6.X ?

• Both issues have been fixed:

Case 74171 - Diff viewer "Too many difference" error in Eclipse which has been fixed in version 8.2.8200

and 

Case 70492 - Eclipse Plug-in Review Editor: Double-click to open file is broken on Eclipse which has been fixed in version 8.2.8200

Please review our version history here:

http://codecollaborator.smartbear.com/docs/manual/8.0/version_8_0.html

You can download Collaborator here:

http://support.smartbear.com/support/downloads/codecollaborator/installers-oldversions/

Please let us know if you have any question. You can email us at support@smartbear.com