Forum Discussion

12 years ago

ccollab addardiffs

What I’m trying to achieve using the command line is to see in a CodeCollaborator review all the files associated with an Accurev transaction and the differences between the stream where the transaction exists and another stream.

I started to upload the differences of the files between the two Accurev streams as follows:

ccollab addardiffs <review> -v <stream1> -V <stream2> <file>

The command works fine for the existing files, I’m able to see the differences between the two versions. But for new/deleted files the command just fails without adding the files to the review:

Querying AccuRev server for diffs.

ERROR: SCM system communication problem: No element named …

For these cases, I used ‘addchanges’ command instead:

ccollab addchanges <review> <file> 

but the problem is that it attaches the locally files to the review, there is no way to attach the files from a specified Accurev stream.

Any suggestions how the new/deleted files can be labeled in a review?

2 Replies

Anonymous
    Hi Iulia,

It would help if we could get a debugging log of the `ccollab` command-line failing.  To do this, run the same `ccollab` command as before, but add "--debug" just after "ccollab".  This will create a log file called "ccollab.log" in the current working directory.  Please send that file to support@smartbear.com with subject="Case 66130" so we can help to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Barb Swetman

CodeCollaborator Support

support@smartbear.com
    Anonymous
    Updated resolution: Due to AccuRev limitation, addardiffs doesn't work for added or deleted files. Recommended workaround, depending on what you're trying to review exactly, try using "ccollab addchangelist" or "ccollab addstream".