Forum Discussion

lovedeep6001
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

'You have no permission to perform this action' Unable to create test case in Zephyr

New to using Zephyr, when I click on the three dots to create a test case, it shows 'You have no permission to perform this action'
Do I need to set/request permissions from someone? How could I do that. Kindly help. 
Thank You

• Hello,

I believe this issue may be occurring because you've enabled the permissions within the Zephyr Scale configuration screen. Can you verify? Please follow the steps below:

1. In the JIRA main screen, click Projects → select the project you’re trying to use.

2. Then, in the left panel, click Project Settings → Apps → Zephyr Scale

3. In the next screen, you will see the manage toggles to control the Zephyr Scale functionalities. Scroll down and check the toggle for Permissions. It will be similar to this:

Do make sure the “On/Off” toggle is set to Off, as it’s displayed in the above screenshot. In case it’s turned to “On", you must set roles and responsibilities to the users, and without that, you won’t be able to perform operations.

Try to disable it and do let us know if it works.

Best regards,
    Lucas Timm

4 Replies

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi,

as luctimm mentioned, you need to check your project settings and either disable permissions under Zephyr Scale or add users/groups to the needed permission (e.g. create/edit test cases).

Cheers

Josh

• Hello,

I believe this issue may be occurring because you've enabled the permissions within the Zephyr Scale configuration screen. Can you verify? Please follow the steps below:

1. In the JIRA main screen, click Projects → select the project you’re trying to use.

2. Then, in the left panel, click Project Settings → Apps → Zephyr Scale

3. In the next screen, you will see the manage toggles to control the Zephyr Scale functionalities. Scroll down and check the toggle for Permissions. It will be similar to this:

Do make sure the “On/Off” toggle is set to Off, as it’s displayed in the above screenshot. In case it’s turned to “On", you must set roles and responsibilities to the users, and without that, you won’t be able to perform operations.

Try to disable it and do let us know if it works.

Best regards,
    Lucas Timm

• Thank you luctimm and josh42
    It worked.
    Actually this was for a colleague he had a BA role and our manager granted him the QA testers role as well and it worked.
    Thank you for your help.

Craig685353 you might want to try something similar and check if it works?