Forum Discussion

alucas
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Error importing CSV - This file format is unsupported by Zephyr Scale.

We're doing the 30-day trial of Zephyr Scale for our JIRA Server instance. I have test cases in Google Sheets that I've exported as CSV. When I try to import a CSV, I get "This file format is unsupported by Zephyr Scale."

To try something different, I downloaded the template Sample1.csv file from the "Import Test Cases From CSV" support page on SmartBear and tried to import that as CSV. I still get the same error message.

I opened both CSVs in Sublime Text and saved them with UTF-8 encoding, in case there was some weird issue with that.

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing here?

• Hi,

I can't think of why it wouldn't work so Just checking that the structure of your data is in the expected format, as in the example below, and that it contains the mandatory Name field.  Note that the Folder and Name columns do not repeat for each Step.

Folder Name Step Expected Result Test Data
    Folder Name A Test Case 1 Step 1   NA
        Step 2 Login Successful NA
        Step 3 Successful NA
    Folder Name B Test Case 2 Step 1 Successful NA
        Step 3 Successful NA
        Step 4 Successful NA
        Step 5 Successful NA

Regards, Andy

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I can't think of why it wouldn't work so Just checking that the structure of your data is in the expected format, as in the example below, and that it contains the mandatory Name field.  Note that the Folder and Name columns do not repeat for each Step.

Folder Name Step Expected Result Test Data
    Folder Name A Test Case 1 Step 1   NA
        Step 3 Successful NA
    Folder Name B Test Case 2 Step 1 Successful NA
        Step 3 Successful NA
        Step 4 Successful NA
        Step 5 Successful NA

Regards, Andy

alucas
      New Contributor

Seems like there's an issue with our JIRA setup, so I'm working with SmartBear to figure that out. Thanks for replying, MisterB!