Forum Discussion

mnaeem
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Unable to activiate floating license on client machine

Hi,

I have installed TestLeft on my machine which works as a License Manager. Now I have installed TestLeft on client machine on same network but when trying to activate floating license it is not detecting it.I have followed the steps mentioned in https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Troubleshoot-the-Unable-to-find-an-activated-license-problem&sp=testcomplete but still no luck

3 Replies

mnaeem
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

First I have tried to create a support ticket but when I selected the three options in support page I was unable to post my question. If someone please help me

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Try either to select some other set of initial options or double check that you followed steps mentioned in the referenced article.

I have installed TestLeft on my machine which works as a License Manager.

I am a bit not sure what does this mean...

What you had to do initially, is that you had to launch the License Manager and activate you floating license. Then install TestLeft and let it use this activated license. The case here is that TestLeft installs a local copy of the License Manager to communicate with remote one and it might be that the license was activated using some incorrect settings.

Also check that the Sentinel LDK License Manager service is running on both, local and remote computers.