Forum Discussion

nelson-pena
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

The process TestExecute started, but the REST server did not start.

Hi all,

I'm working on Azure DevOps Server trying to run a TestLeft project using TestExecute and Visual Studio Test Platform.

I have the following error:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '...' threw an exception. ---> SmartBear.TestLeft.TestAgentRunException: The process TestExecute started, but the REST server did not start. ---> SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.TestAgentRunError: The process TestExecute started, but the REST server did not start..

The test agent is Windows 10 Enterprise.

I appreciate your help.

AlexKaras
    3 years ago

Hi,

Yes, your guess seems to be correct - TestLeft uses TestExecute as a run-time agent, but it also provides several own components. So TestLeft must be installed on every machine where tests are supposed to be executed.

2 Replies

nelson-pena
    New Contributor

It seems that the error is because TestLeft must also be installed in the agent test, not TestExecute only..

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Yes, your guess seems to be correct - TestLeft uses TestExecute as a run-time agent, but it also provides several own components. So TestLeft must be installed on every machine where tests are supposed to be executed.