Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
9 years ago

workload and TestExecute

Hi,

I have one TestExecute licence, but shortly all the tests i'm running on TE will take about 24 hours.

So I should have a second TE licence, but I wonder to know if there is a way to automaticaly dispatch tests to theses 2 TE licences ?

I will keep one TestComplete node-locked licence and I wish I could keep one single ProjectSuite having 2 projects.

Could someone advise ?

Thank you,

Mehdi

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

One clarification: One TestExecute license allows you to open one product instance. It’s no related to how many projects you are going to execute. I recommend that you read the "Working With License Manager" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/54708/ ) help topic that explains the operations you can perform with your License Manager PC (the machine that will keep all your licenses).

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

Hi Marsha and Tanya,

Thank you very much for the links but I think I already read theses pages.

In fact I wonder to know if there is a way that automaticaly dispatches tests to several TestExecute licences.

But while saying this to myself I understand that TE could not know what test has to be run or not.

Unfortunatly, this will lead to waste TE time... I will have to set up one TE workload but with some extra time to be sure that it will fit into a specific timelapse (obviously less that a day for daily tests...).

Mehdi