Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago

workflow design for TC project

TC8 is really cool and i am able to automate very complex system test,but if i create such keyword test,which contains more than 100 execution steps and much script statements(e.g.if,else,while,for etc.), it becomes a little bit unreadable. its very difficult to explain to the people, what this keyword test exactly does. I would like to have a workflow overview for each created keyword test,to show the people what the keyword test deals with.Is there any possibility to do this task with TC? or i just have to create a workflow with something like "workflow designer".. 

3 Replies

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Lee,

TestComplete offers several means to keep the keyword test contents organized --

* You can organize operations into groups by using the Group operation (Statements category).

* You can add comments to your tests by using the Comment operations (Miscellaneous category).

* To describe individual operations, you can add some text to the Description column. You can remove the default description and only provide descriptions to some important actions.

The attached image gives an example of what your test can look like.

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    hi Alex,

Thx for the support, you are right, group statement is a great function. i already use this to structure my keyword test.

lee

FREQUENTIS Test Team