Forum Discussion

krishnabr
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

webtesting on locally connected iOS & Android devices.

Hello Friends,

Not sure if anybody tried (or) experienced on this topic.

our test environments are not exposed to public internet, so i am trying to connect physical iOS device and Android device to network and test our websites on connected devices using TestComplete. 

As i know, TestComplete have capability to connect Android physical device and iOS physical devices and can test mobile apps like .apk, .ipa. but i don't know whether i can test websites by launching browsers in the connected devices and test using my automated scripts.

any help is appreciated. 

-Thanks, Krishna.

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

For websites testing on mobiles two options exist:

a) SmartBear Browser shipped with TestComplete (as already mentioned by hkim5 ); and

b) Virtual Browsers (which, actually, do not require physical device).

P.S.

our test environments are not exposed to public internet

A lot of mobile cloud farms make it possible to establish a secure channel from the farm to your local environment so that your tested application can start on the remote device and still be able to access your local resources. If this sounds as an option, you may also consider the new cross-platform mode introduced in TC 14.40.

krishnabr
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks AlexKaras , on the same topic, based on your recommendation to use CBT (Crossbrowsertesting.com) , do they provide service for private cloud, means, our client would like to buy all required devices and connect them to local network. does CBT help us to connect our cloud devices using TestComplete.

I understand the Tunnel concept where the cbt can connect securely to our test applications behind the Firewall. but my point here is all devices are procured by my company and need service to connect cloud devices and execute TestComplete scripts.

Any suggestion.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

does CBT help us to connect our cloud devices using TestComplete.

If I got your question right...

Pricing pages for CBT and Bitbar say nothing about in-premises service and network setup. I do not suppose they provide such a service, but you may contact SmartBear Support and ask if such option is possible.