Forum Discussion

BMD
Contributor
7 years ago

unable to highlight objects in the TC script

Using TC 12.30.1651.7 I'm unable to highlight script text using the mouse.  The highlighted text does not remain selected and so I cannot cut and paste script text.  The script is the global functions and is about 2300 lines (no sure if there is a limit)

Has anyone experienced this issue.  I'm about to request the program be reinstalled but not sure the actual problem.

Thanks, BMD

8 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Have you tried selection with keyboard, Sometimes it may get failure when you select with mouse in large number of lines.

BMD
      Contributor

Thank you but that does not work.  If I have a line of code "var PropNames = new Array" and I but the course between the 'am' in name and hold shift and arrow right it application starts to highlight and then the highlighted text becomes un-highlighted and then the highlighting starts again.  Once I stop all highlighted text changes to be un-highlighted.  I have never seen this behavior in any software application before.   

BMD
        Contributor

Could this be a memory/resources issue and unrelated to Test Complete?  This strangeness does not happen in other scripts currently only the globalfunctions that is about 2200 lines with about 150 functions.