Forum Discussion

sanket2799
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

testing Electron Application

I am trying to test a an Electron application via TestComplete but am not able to map the objects in the application. I followed the step on TestComplete documentattion to expose the app to TestComplete  but still its not working. 

• Hi, I was able to automate the app. There is a MSAA setting in project properties, once I enabled it the TestComplete was able to recognize the app.

5 Replies

sanket2799
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was able to automate the app. There is a MSAA setting in project properties, once I enabled it the TestComplete was able to recognize the app.

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

What is occurring? Does TestComplete just view the application as one big box?

Double check your Project Properties -> Open Applications -> Process Filter. Make sure you added you application to the process list or you set the Process filter mode to use all processes.

Also make sure you are using a supported version of Electron.

Other than that, we need more information. I am testing an Electron app currently and it works fine for me.

sanket2799
      Occasional Contributor

Hi mfoster711,

The TestComplete is just viewing the complete application as one big box. In project Properties>Open Applications> Process Filter "use all processes" is already set and web extension is also enabled.

The electron version used is 16.

The application opens up when run with TestedApp.Run and command line parameter also added as given in the TestComplete documentation, but still unable to inside elements of the box.

If you want to see you can download the app free of cost from this link "https://www.bentley.com/software/itwin-synchronizer/". There will be a Download Now button which will download the exe file.

riegns223
      Occasional Visitor

You need to read all the instructions and guidelines carefully.