Forum Discussion

SK2020
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

@tag in SessionCreator

Hi,

I have 2 different questions.

1.)  When I want to run multiple KeywordTests in command line with SessionCreator, "and" operator does not work. "or", "or not", "and not" are working fine. But "and" does not work. ( /tags:"@Login and @Logout" ). I have try in different ways but still did not work. How can I run multiple test with SessionCreator? Any suggestion?  

2.) When I use same tag name for multiple tests and run this tag in command line, how can I arrange the order of the tests?

• the "AND, NOT, OR" are boolean expressions, so I'm guessing that in your case, you dont have test cases that have BOTH the login and logout tags.

• Hi,

Execution order of tests started by tag is not guaranteed. Organize tests in required order using Test Items and start execution by test item if execution order matters.

To be on the safe side:

a) Can you confirm that there is at least one test that has both @Login and @Logout tags assigned to it? Can you provide a screenshot?

b) Can you provide a screenshot of the output provided by SessionCreator when it fails to start test by tag?

5 Replies

• the "AND, NOT, OR" are boolean expressions, so I'm guessing that in your case, you dont have test cases that have BOTH the login and logout tags.

SK2020
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

I try to run the tags which I have on my project. When I run them separately with the single tag name, tests run fine. But with the "and" operation does not work.  

When I run "@Login and @Logout", It perceives as if it is a single tag and says no such tag was found.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Execution order of tests started by tag is not guaranteed. Organize tests in required order using Test Items and start execution by test item if execution order matters.

To be on the safe side:

a) Can you confirm that there is at least one test that has both @Login and @Logout tags assigned to it? Can you provide a screenshot?

b) Can you provide a screenshot of the output provided by SessionCreator when it fails to start test by tag?