Forum Discussion

RodrigoJr
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

recording is not capturing the keyboard

the testcomplete recording is not capturing the keyboard, it is capturing only mouse clicks.

have any configuration to solve?

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Maybe but you gave us very little information to go on.

What's your TestComplete version?

What kind of app are you testing?

Is this a new problem?  Has the recording function ever worked for you?

Is there a line in your test that has the keystrokes and they aren't playing back? We need a screenshot please.

If you create a simple test on your own without the record, do the keystrokes work?

RodrigoJr
      Occasional Contributor

Version 10.10.1042.7, Desktop delphi app, error is new I was able to reproduce the recording I created a recording of the windows calculator but without success.

in the recording I clicked on the first field I pressed ENTER key typed "RTERTET" ENTER key and typed "YTERTYRTYT" but just recorded the click

function Test1()
      {
      Sys.Process("sysmovs").VCLObject("FrmSps").Window("MDIClient").VCLObject("FrmEst109").VCLObject("PnlArea").VCLObject("EdtCodigo").Click(22, 15);
      }

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Okay, now can you create a keyword test manually that performs the same task and see if that one works?

Amy1
    Regular Visitor

I have a similar error 😞

Since the last update my tests who used enters and tabs, doesnt work, i have to change several test for clics , and this bringht me a few problems more, some test who use to changed the text box automaticaly didnt work , or its too sloow after several test and thats make the other tests crashed because the objeto doesnt show in time... i use a few delays but its not the best practice...

Version TestComplete: 14.61.276.7  x64

Version TestExecute 14.61.294.11x64

APP Tested: Delphi