Forum Discussion

cmpenn
Contributor
7 years ago

"Not Enough Quota is Available to Process This Command" TestComplete

Every so often when running our application with TestComplete, the application freezes up and crashes.

After discussions with a developer, it looks like our logs caught an issue with TestComplete running out of memory when attempting to drive the application.

The following message shows up in our logs:

2018-03-19 14:52:32.3169 An unhandled dispatcher exception has occurred. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough quota is available to process this command
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(HandleRef hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnWindowPosChanging(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Any thoughts? Or any way to fix this? Or is this maybe a defect in TestComplete?

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not seeing where in that stack trace anything specifically implicates TestComplete.  If this is showing in your application logs, then there's something in your application that is consuming memory.

Now, it COULD be TC's interaction with it... but without more information, it's hard to say.

cmpenn
      Contributor

Yeah, I'm not fully convinced either, but I'm trying to figure out some way to get to the root issue.

The dev I'm working with is fairly confident in this being an issue with TestComplete (though he's biased against it).

I also keep running into the problem that this only seems to happen when TestComplete is running the application.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

It would be interesting to know if there are particular parts of your test case where this happens regularly.

I'm assuming it's a desktop application... what technology is it written in (Delphi, C# .NET, etc)?