Forum Discussion

BjoernS
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

"Group rename"-Problem

Hi,

i want to create group-folders for my Test Items and at the beginning everything is fine and i can rename every item and every group.

But 2 or 3 weeks ago, i cant rename this items. All the groups have the default name (GroupX) and the items too (ProjectTestItemXX).

Is this a known problem and is there any solution?

Thx Bjoern

5 Replies

• Hi Bjoern,

We've failed to reproduce the behavior with TestComplete 8.10: all test items and test items' groups can be renamed.

Please send us the steps that led to this behavior.

Is the behavior reproduced with any project suite or the specific one? If the behavior is reproduced with the specific project suite, zip the entire problematic project suite folder and send us the archive.

BjoernS
    Occasional Contributor
    First thanks for the fast answer.

I'm sorry but the problem is not reproduceable. I have only one "Project Suite", but if i create a new Suite, i cant rename the groups, too.

In the attachment is a screenshot from my suite test center. At the beginning (the first 2 groups) i can rename the groups but then, 3 weeks ao, i can't rename any of it.

• Hi Bjoern,

It seems that you are trying to rename test items' groups during the recording / playback / pause. Renaming is possible only at design-time.

• Hi Bjoern,

After further investigation, we found out that this behavior occurs when the first column in the Test Items panel differs from Name. To restore the possibility of renaming test items' groups, make Name the first column.

BjoernS
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

The Groups are grey yet, but i can rename it.

Thanks this trick works!