Forum Discussion

ml
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

make screenshot on every step

hello,

is it somehow possible to make a screenshots on every keywordtest in line without manually creating post to log action?

• Hi,

Visualizer makes a screenshot on every on-screen action at the moment when the action is executed. On-screen action is a clear indication of the interaction with the UI.

Window opening is a less clear process:

-- TestComplete must monitor whether or not the window was opened;

-- For how long a new window must be waited for?

-- Should the screenshot of the opened window be taken immediately or after some pause to wait for all controls are initialized and populated with data?

-- The window may be irrelevant for your test;

-- etc.

With the above in mind, creation of some wrapping function that executes some action and takes a screenshot of the new window seems to be a better solution...

3 Replies

• I believe what you are looking for is a Visualizer setting. Project / Propertes /Visualizer Collect visualizer data during test run. 

ml
      Contributor

Not really but could be a solution. I want to make a screenshot of every opened window in my application - but not on every test step.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Visualizer makes a screenshot on every on-screen action at the moment when the action is executed. On-screen action is a clear indication of the interaction with the UI.

Window opening is a less clear process:

-- TestComplete must monitor whether or not the window was opened;

-- For how long a new window must be waited for?

-- Should the screenshot of the opened window be taken immediately or after some pause to wait for all controls are initialized and populated with data?

-- The window may be irrelevant for your test;

-- etc.

With the above in mind, creation of some wrapping function that executes some action and takes a screenshot of the new window seems to be a better solution...