Forum Discussion

pclarke
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

log reporting an error that I cannot find

I ran my overnight project and the email notification stated an error, but on the checking the actual log I could not identify the actual error (there is no error on the log, I even clicked go to next error). I re-ran the test that had warnings and have found the individual test that states an error but still cannot actually find the error. attached a screenshot of the log. Has anyone encountered this before, if so what is happening and how can I correct it.

Thanks in advance

• I got it this time, to me, It looks like a bug in TesComplete because even though TC has marke the Log entry in the tree with an yellow icon (warning) it says that 1 error was found in the bottom-left corner.

But if its not a bug in TC, here are something you may try to debbug the problem:

1 - Create a OnLogError Event and put a breakpoint inside of it;

2 - Run the test again to see if you can trap the action that is causing the error.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

3 Replies

• Hi pclarke,

It seems it is just a warning. I think someone has placed something like this in the script:

if (something_is_not_equal_What_I_expected)

{

Log.Warning("Total pax value not as expected");

}.

Please double-click the line with the warning symbol, TC will redirect you to do line of code that has generated that warning.

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

pclarke
      Occasional Contributor

Sorry I should have made it more clear. The warnings are fine I understand these, it is the actual error that is stated in the information panel under the Log items but as you can see from the screen shot there are no errors listed in the log. If you select go to next on the log and select error it states that no error can be found.

leandroaraujoso
        Contributor

I got it this time, to me, It looks like a bug in TesComplete because even though TC has marke the Log entry in the tree with an yellow icon (warning) it says that 1 error was found in the bottom-left corner.

But if its not a bug in TC, here are something you may try to debbug the problem:

1 - Create a OnLogError Event and put a breakpoint inside of it;

2 - Run the test again to see if you can trap the action that is causing the error.

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza