Forum Discussion

skece04
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

how to test silverlight applications that is hosted on a different location

Hi All

I have hosted my silverlight application in some other location.

I am not able to patch tcAgpatcherutility.exe to record silverlight objects.

The .xap file is getting downloaded in my Temporary internet folder, when running the utility, if i give the path of temporary internet folder it throws error.

How to proceed from here!!!

Thanks

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

I think that two options are available:

either logon into the hosting box via Remote Desktop or something like that and prepare application according to TestComplete requirements,

or

ask developers to prepare the build for you (again, according to TestComplete requirements) and put it on the server.
    skece04
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex

Many Thanks!!!

But both cases are not possible, so how to proceed?

Why tcAgpatcher utiliy doesnt take the temporary internet file location.

I am able to patch different application that is hosted locally
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

If the error is thrown by tcAgpatcher utility it may help if you provide us with the text of the error.

I hope that Support will provide you with definite answer, but my understanding is that even if you succeed with patching file in the temporary internet files location, this should not work because file can be overwritten by the browser, or TC can look for some additional file/information provided by the browser, or because of some other reason.

• Hi,

It's possible that the problem is caused by folder permissions. Please check whether the problem persits if the file is located in another folder.

skece04
    Occasional Contributor
    Tried with other location as well it is not working as expected