Forum Discussion

dhasade
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

facing issue while integrating Testcomplete with Azure devops

getting below warning as in the screenshot, No test sources found matching the given filter '**\WSLCB.pjs'

My repository hierarchy in below screenshot and i want WSLCB.pjs to be executed in the pipeline

i am using azure pipeline with MS Hosted agent and source control as Git and below are the screenshots.

We have followed all possible ways as mentioned in smartbear tutorial but issue still not resolved. Can someone please help

Regards,

Snehal

• Issue is resolved with below inputs

1) enabled the “Install test runner” checkbox
    2) searchFolder: '$(Build.Repository.LocalPath)'

11 Replies

dhasade
    Occasional Contributor

Yes it is a full project. Please find below screenshots.

automation_ph
    Occasional Contributor

Same with AlexKaras , I am also curious of how the TestComplete Test Adapter was set up in the pipeline.

dhasade If there's still no luck after trying the suggestions above, you might want to double check the "Search for test cases" field in TC Test Adapter. If value is In Execution Plan, go check in TestComplete if your tests are already added in Execution plan and if they are all checked and marked as a Test case.

Screenshot source: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/execution-plan/index.html 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Can you check that the project downloaded from your repository, is the full project?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Sorry, I meant the agent. The agent, would have downloaded the project to a specified location e.g. c:\azagent\_work\_temp etc. - does this contain the full project?

Is there an output log that you we can see?

dhasade
    Occasional Contributor

It is a Microsoft Hosted agent and we haven't accessed the hosted agent since that was setup by our pipeline architect

dhasade
      Occasional Contributor

Yes i also got a log file on local system. I have attached files (all log files in one notepad) and screenshot. Hope it helps.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you have TestComplete or TestExecute installed?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

We have followed all possible ways as mentioned in smartbear tutorial

Just to double-check - have you carefully went through this documentation section: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/azure/test-adapter/index.html ?

Unless the root of the problem is in TestComplete/TestExecute not been installed on the agent machine (as it was noted by rraghvani), I would check how TC Test Adapter is configured. (You did not provided screenshot for it.)

• Hi,

I think the issue is the Git repository has an extra folder that the testcomplete tests are stored in. 

so in the test assemblies step it should be /WSLCB/*.pjs

* I cant see if the .pjs is stored in the WSTEST or WSLCB folder. My recommendation above is if its in the WSLCB folder, if its in the WSTest folder - make the test assemblies look like /WSLCB/WSTest/*.pjs 

🙂 Hope this helps!

dhasade
    Occasional Contributor

Issue is resolved with below inputs

1) enabled the “Install test runner” checkbox
    2) searchFolder: '$(Build.Repository.LocalPath)'