Forum Discussion

anupamchampati
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

converting project from javascript to python

just an suggestion needed is it good idea to convert project from javascript to python?
whether it will improve performance ?
    tristaanogre
    6 years ago

Clicking grids and ribbon items has nothing to do with the code language.  It has to do with object recognition, object mapping, detection, etc.  

Kudos for wanting to learn a new language, but that's not the cause of your problem, I'm certain.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I don't think python is any better performance-wise than JavaScript.  They are both interpreted languages, just different syntax.

What sort of performance issues are you running into?  Perhaps we can suggestion some corrections.

anupamchampati
      Frequent Contributor

I am having single project, which works as follows

1. Delphi Project : 150 testcase : Take 12 hours

2. C# application : 25 Testcase : Take 3 hours

3. Database application : Testcomplete insert values to table, (application service does some work) and Testcomplete check the DB tables : Take 1 hour

All scripting done in javascript and some function take too much time, like clicking Grid, Clicking ribbon items

1. Global variables 250

2. Playback is very slow

3. Object maps is very slow , Root cause is GIT integration.

and idea of moving to Python is just to learn new technology and as every where i see boom for python.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Clicking grids and ribbon items has nothing to do with the code language.  It has to do with object recognition, object mapping, detection, etc.  

Kudos for wanting to learn a new language, but that's not the cause of your problem, I'm certain.