Forum Discussion

Anandhu
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

clarifications on exporting ‘Summary Report’ from Tests (not manual exporting from IDE)

Is there a  way to export the exactly specified data of the image including graph. We tried using Log.SaveResultsAs("C:\\Work\\Log.mht", lsHTML), which is mentioned in TestComplete documentation.

But, we are able to export only log details and not Summary Report. We are looking for how to export Report with pie charts, which is a better look and feel.

Also, tried Log.SaveResultsAs("C:\\Work\\Log.mht", lsJUnit), and this is also not generating any Report.

hkim5
    5 years ago

Hey, I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but if the problem is that your exportation of the Test Execution Summary doesn't include the pie charts and the following graphic information, I think all you need to do is export it as an .mht file.

So sequentially, the screenshots show the following:

1) Project level containing three tests (2 keyword tests, and 1 script routine)

2) this script routine is the Log.SaveResultAs() that saves the logs as an mht file

3) what i see when I open up this saved mht file with an IE browser from the stored location 

4)The following details in the exported mht file.

Strangely enough, the exported logs dont contain the saveAsMHT script routine as a "run" test in the top level summary, but once i click on the test case level, it shows as a script routine. 

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

There currently isn't a means of saving that image via code.  You can, from the TestComplete tool itself, choose to print the image and have it output to a file.

The summary you're looking at is created after the fact and after the execution of the code and therefore is not accessible via code.  

hkim5
      Staff

Hey, I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but if the problem is that your exportation of the Test Execution Summary doesn't include the pie charts and the following graphic information, I think all you need to do is export it as an .mht file.

So sequentially, the screenshots show the following:

1) Project level containing three tests (2 keyword tests, and 1 script routine)

2) this script routine is the Log.SaveResultAs() that saves the logs as an mht file

3) what i see when I open up this saved mht file with an IE browser from the stored location 

4)The following details in the exported mht file.

Strangely enough, the exported logs dont contain the saveAsMHT script routine as a "run" test in the top level summary, but once i click on the test case level, it shows as a script routine. 

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you hkim5 and tristaanogre for your help. 

Hi Anandhu , was the information given by the community helpful?