Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
13 years ago

can't understand TC upgrade mechanisem

Hi,

when loading TC in case it needs an upgrade it display a notification message that there are new updates but, when clicking the yes i want to upgrade it loads a browser and there's no updates downloading.where can i download the update/upgrade you just notified me about?!?!?!?!?

thanks

4 Replies

• I had exactly the same question.

I have a licensed copy of TestComplete v8.6

v8.7 has been released

How do I upgrade without starting another trial version?

There is no mechanism for this, the "upgrade version" message is useless.

I asked this question via the "Contact Us" form and got no reply from SmartBear, I'm not impresed with their customer service and lack thereof.
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    they are ok, i don't have problem with their support usually.

let see what they'll answer about this one...
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    When you click the button to find out more about the upgrade, it will not automatically download an upgrade.  It will take you to their web page and to their customer portal where there are links to all the products you currently have licenses with them.  You may need to log in with your current account information (you or someone in your organization should have that inforamtion) TestComplete should be in that list and there should be a link showing the most up to date version number (see CurrentProducts.jpg below).

When you click on that version link, you'll be taken to another page from which you may download the installer.  Click on the desired link and the installer file will be downloaded to your desired location as per your browser settings and/or your download dialog.

Does this help?
    ArtemS
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello gentlemen,

Yes, currently, the upgrade system notifies only that a newer version is available. To download the upgrade, you need to log in to your personal account (My SmartBear) and follow Robert's instructions.

We are considering improving the upgrade system where registered customers will be forwarded to the customer portal, and those using trials - to the web site.

Regards.