pmm
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

aqObject.CompareProperty

I've the following code sequence in my test-script (delphi):

:

Var SNr: Integer;

:

aqObject.CompareProperty(Aliases.LPPS.CurrSNr.EditValue, cmpEqual, 32767, false);

SNr := Aliases.LPPS.CurrSNr.EditValue; //EndOf Block?

If SNr <> 32767

then Log.Error('SNr <> 32767 (EOB): '+aqConvert.IntToStr(SNr));

:

And get the folling Log-Message:

The property value "32767" does not equal the baseline value "32767".

Obvious Aliases.LPPS.CurrSNr.EditValue = 32767. Why does aqObject.CompareProperty logs the message? 

3 Replies

• Hello Peter,

Are you using a third-party control library? If you are, which one (for example, DevExpress VCL controls)? What control are you testing and what is the type of the tested property? 
    pmm
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello David, 

Yes 'm using DevExpress QuantumGrid in this case. The property ist of type TcxGridDBColumn.

Peter 

• Hello Peter,

It looks like you are checking values of the TcxCurrencyEdit or TcxCalcEdit in-place editor. Hence, I've created a sample application with QuantumGrid with two cells and assigned these two editors to them. The aqObject.CompareProperty method works correctly with the sample. I've attached the sample project.

Can you reproduce the problem with the sample application? If the comparison fails, please pack the entire project suite folder with the test that fails and send it to us. If it works correctly, can you modify the sample Delphi project or create your own sample to reproduce the problem?