Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

after converting from 8.7 to 9.2 my some namemapped objects now are ThunderRT6

Why the object name change.  how to I remap all my objects

7 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Philip,

I found that there was a similar issue in TestComplete 9.20 - VB objects were recognized in the incorrect way via ThunderRT6. It was fixed in the later TestComplete versions. I suggest that you update to TestComplete 9.31 (the latest TC 9 update) and convert your current tests to it.

fjgodoy
    New Contributor
    Hello

I just then updated the version of TestComplete from 9 to 10.30, and the same thing happened to me.

The objects I search for the name have changed the value to the type "Window (" ThunderRT6TextBox "," ", 6)".

However, TestExecute also been updated to version 10, and serves executions.

We need an urgent solution because from TestComplete's script does not work we

thank you very much

fjgodoy
    New Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

I use the same project to execute tests in TestComplete and TestExecute.

The problem does not seem to be for the timeout.

When TestComplete 9 sought an object a property whose value was equal to "VBObject ('x')" now, after upgrading to 10, the value of the object has changed to Window ("ThunderRT6TextBox", "", 6) ".

So when I run in TestComplete does not work

Thank you
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Fran,

As far as I understand, TestExecute 10 executes the test fine, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What VB version is your app built with?

fjgodoy
    New Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

It's a web application. Not know the version of VB.

I have opened a doubt support.

They tell me that the following plug-in must be installed and active,

Visual Basic Application Support

Open Applications

Desktop Applications Testing

but neither Visual Basic Application Support and Testing Desktop Applications do not appear. I have only active module and the Common Web

Regards
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Fran,

TestComplete modules have their own licenses since v. 10. As you activated only the Platform and Web modules, you cannot test desktop applications - TestComplete won't recognize them properly.

It looks like to test your application, Platform+Web+Desktop modules should be activated. Does your company own these licences? You can check it in the SmartBear Account.