Your application uses PatchServices library that is not compatible with your TestComplete version
We have upgraded our TestComplete version from 12 to 14.0
When I tried to launch an instrumented application , we receive a message "You application uses the PatchServices library that is not compatible with your TestComplete version".
Then I searched for solutions in smartbear community and tried the following from,
- Deleted the previous instrumented application.
- Created a new project suite and instrumented the original APK with TestComplete 14.0 in TestedApps.
- Installed the TestComplete android agent as well.
- After instrumentation is completed from TestComplete, I ran the package installation and the application is launched , but I receive the same warning message " You application uses the PatchServices library that is not compatible with your TestComplete version ".
- But everything works fine if I try the same procedure in TestComplete 12.0.
Please help if anyone faced this issue.
Also note that , I do not have the Android project. So I could not add the patchservices.jar in lib folder and package it. I download the APK from google play store and extracted the APK using file explorer software and then instrument that APK.
I suggest that you contact Support directly with your question. Here's the link:
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.