Forum Discussion

iamraj09
Contributor
7 years ago

Wrong error count Issue with Log report

Wrong error count is displayed in the Log report. Test has been executed with latest Test Complete version 12.41 i.e., when only one test item failed the error count is displayed as "6"

Please refer the screen shot attached with this post and please let us know if it is a bug or problem with the settings in Test Complete.

Best Regards

Guru.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Not sure... worth reporting to SmartBear support to see what they say...

However...  please note that a failed test item != error count.... Error Count = number of entries in the test log that are errors... in your screenshot alone, I see 4... Application Central not started, listboxProjectExplorer does not exist, Invalid Varieant operation, Script execution interrupted... that's 4 errors right there.  It's possible that the count has two extra probably from the "Others" and "Prepare" tree nodes but I'm not certain.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

iamraj09:

Hi,

Like Robert said, this is how TestComplete counts errors: real errors posted to the leaf logs plus errors for the failed test items.

This was discussed with Support and personally I consider this to be misleading, but this is not considered to be changed as far as I was told.

If you like, you may create Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form and voice your opinion directly to SmartBear.

iamraj09
        Contributor

AlexKarastristaanogre

Thank you for the reply. I have another image of the Log report in attachment, please have look at it, because as per the logic that you have described, the image in the attachments should have "3" errors but it is displayed as only "2". which is completely misleading. But any way I have created the ticket.