Forum Discussion

knk907
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Working with .Net Infragistic controls in Test Complete

Hi all,

We are evaluating a .Net windows application with infragistic controls. For recognizing the objects TestComplete needs "INFRAGISTIC CONTROL SUPPORT" plugin. Even after running TestComplete in "REPAIR" or "MODIFY" mode TestComplete is not able to display the plugin in the path "File->Installl extensions". My doubt here is whether it won't display the plugin there or trial vesion of testcomplete won't supports it.

Second thing we proceeded with evaluation ignoring it. As I am browsing I came to know that we can add infragistic classes to the object browser. I tried with the option by using the option "Select object from the screen" and tried recording the script but no use and another thing is I am unable to understand what Control's class name means here in the sentence "Add the control’s class name to the Infragistics Controls | UltraDockManagerControl group"(from smartbear site).

It's urgent. Waiting for the replies......

5 Replies

knk907
      Occasional Contributor

How we will know which type of control the object is in the AUT?? For example like UltraButton or UltraDockManager or UltraDropDownButton etc.,,

krkarthik_info
        Frequent Contributor

Hi,

You can use Object Spy to spy the respective control and refer the ClrFullClassName Property. It will show you what type of Infragistics control is that like Infragistics.Windows.Editors.XamCheckEditor.,

Thanks,

Karthik K R