Forum Discussion

jhopfner
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Working With An Oracle Database

We're currently having problems dealing with an Oracle database through TestComplete. It's very weird: we have the correct connection string and TestComplete can see the tables in the database, but there are some issues:

1. All the tables seem to be duplicated

2. When selecting a table in a database checkpoint, an error appears saying the table cannot be found. This happens in the query designer as well.

We're using the "Oracle Provdier for OLEDB". We've also tried using the "Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle" and while it didn't have problems connecting to the database, we are unable to select a table.

These errors are very weird, I have attached a 2 minute long (wmv) video demonstrating the odd behaviors. Any light that can be shed on the problem would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

• Hello Jordan,

We have faced very similar errors here, and they seem to be related to the data providers. Try to use the "Oracle ODBC Driver" or "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" provider and check whether the errors persist when executing a custom query (e.g. "SELECT * FROM STATHDR;").
    jhopfner
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply David, I'll give that a shot and see what I can figure out.
    jhopfner
    Occasional Contributor
    Figured it out. It wasn't a problem with the data provider, but rather permission problems with the user. The username being used didn't have sufficient privleges set.