Forum Discussion

jaydee
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Windows Store apps opening along with TestComplete 11 on Windows 10

So i just installed Windows 10 Pro (build 10240) and just recently started using TestComplete on this machine.

I believe when I installed it asked if I might want to test Windows Store apps, which is very possible that I will be doing.

So now if I open up ether a pjs or the testcomplete exe, it also opens up One Note (Store app), Xbox One Store app and the Sports app that the store automatically installs with windows. I only want TestComplete to open, not a bunch of extra apps.

The last update for Windows was (KB3081455) on 10/19 and I have seen windows updates actually fix a bunch of TC flickering when TestComplete has performed an operation.

Has anyone else seen this?

• Hi jaydee,

We saw this issue on some Wndows 10 computers. The following should prevent apps from starting randomly:

• Disable the SuperFetch service.

• Disable all background apps in Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps.

• Disable TestComplete option Enable support for testing Windows Store applications in Tools > Options > Engines > General Options and restart TestComplete.

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi jaydee,

We saw this issue on some Wndows 10 computers. The following should prevent apps from starting randomly:

• Disable the SuperFetch service.

• Disable all background apps in Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps.

• Disable TestComplete option Enable support for testing Windows Store applications in Tools > Options > Engines > General Options and restart TestComplete.