Forum Discussion

Mrunal
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Windows 10 with TestComplete 10.60

Hi,

I am running my Testcomplete scripts (jscripts) on platform win 10. It shows project execution but nothing goes on, it stuck on 1st script. My first step in the script is USEUNIT method (is this causing problem?).

I dont know actual cause. Is USEUNIT not supported on Win 10 platform with TC 10.60 or there is another possbility? 

Also when I try to stop project execution, it does not stops and I have to kill TC exe.

What should I do? Cannot upgrade to TC 11 as support and maintenance period expired.

Thanks in Advance.

• I thought TC10 is not compatible with Windows 10 and you have to use TC11 with Windows 10?

• Hi Mrunal,

Heidi is right. Support for Windows 10 was implemented in TestComplete 11.0. Thus, we cannot guarantee that everything will work fine in TestComplete 10 installed on Windows 10 system.

I recommend that you consider upgrading your TestComplete license if you want to use the product on Windows 10 computers.

4 Replies

heidi_n
    Regular Contributor

I thought TC10 is not compatible with Windows 10 and you have to use TC11 with Windows 10?

Mrunal
      Contributor

Hi,

I am able to edit and write scripts for now on Win 10 with TC 10.60. But when I play script, it shows indicator but nothing goes forward.

Also our license is expired, so I cannot upgrade to v11.

Any other solution to use TC 10.6 on Win 10?

Thanks.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mrunal,

Heidi is right. Support for Windows 10 was implemented in TestComplete 11.0. Thus, we cannot guarantee that everything will work fine in TestComplete 10 installed on Windows 10 system.

I recommend that you consider upgrading your TestComplete license if you want to use the product on Windows 10 computers.