Forum Discussion

BMD
Contributor
6 years ago

Windows 10, Edge, and the currentStyle in the object spy.

I’m using Test Complete 12.30.1651.7 on Windows 7 Standard 64bit SP1 (6.1 Build 7601).  All is running smoothly in this environment.  We are looking at moving to Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit (10.0 Build 14393) and I copied some scripts to this environment where I’m still finding that both disabled and isDisabled are being reported as False, with the object spy, regardless if the object is disabled or not.  This issue has caused me to check the object.currentStyle.color to see if the object is truly disabled (grayed-out) or not.

Now the problem, in my new Windows 10 environment, the object spy for object.currentStyle is not returning any attributes.  In fact the ‘fields’ tab between properties and methods is not displayed in the object spy window.  Also, there is no attribute under Edge in the object spy that would seem to cover this.

Furthermore, under Edge in the object spy many object and attributes are not returning values as they do in Windows 7, like; readyState now = Error: Operation aborted and runtimeStyle now = Error: Member not found.

Is there an extension for TC to work with Edge?  How can you use TC with Edge if many standard object are not seen by TC?  Are there setting in Edge or TC that need adjusting?

THANKS for pointers.

BMD

19 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I think it might be TC version.  According to the TC documentation, support for the latest version of Edge and Windows 10 was included in TC 12.42.  So, since you're running 12.30, you might be out of date.

You SHOULD be able to upgrade to 12.42 without cost.  Can you give that a try and see if that fixes things?

BMD
      Contributor

tristaanogre,

If we have to upgrade what is the latest version that supports Edge in Win10.  We have some time as we have just started the investigation with no deadline as of yet.  

Thank you both for your replies and support.

BMD.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend upgrading to the latest which is 12.50.  

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

To add to Robert's reply:

Edge is supported by TC out of the box and no additional settings/tweaks are required except those recommended in the documentation (topic about Preparing Web Browsers for testing).

But as Windows 10 and Edge are pretty different from Win7 and IE you well might need to adjust your test code to work there.

> TC with Edge if many standard object are not seen by TC?

It is my guess that you are testing web application. If the property is listed in the Object Browser under the Internet Explorer group, then it is not universal for all browsers, but is specific for IE and may not be supported (or be named differently) for another browser.