Forum Discussion

Azeddin_Margani
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

When clicking YES button..

Hi,

I got message dialog displayed when the first part of the script is completed but i need to press YES button to continue to the next part of the script. When i press i press NO it should terminate the script.

The issue i'm having is when i press YES button it terminates the script and it doesn't execute the assigned function - instead it says you pressed the NO button.

Below is my intended code:

buttons = MKSet(mbYes, mbNo);

k = MessageDlg(Customers are Created !\n"+"Continue with Adding Products?", mtConfirmation, buttons, 0);

if (k==true) {

AddProduct();

Log.message("You pressed Yes");

}else{

break;

Log.message("You pressed No");

}

Any suggestions on how this code should work?.

Regards,

• I don't use the built in Dialog's myself.

But, looking at the docs for it: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/builtin/messagedlg.html

... it says it returns a constant relating to the button that was pressed?

Your code is just checking for true or false, aka - a Boolean. Doesn't seem right to me? Try changing the post dialog check to check for the constant(s) instead .....

ie -  if (k==mrYes)

(Oh yeah - and in your else, you have a "break" statement before you print the log message. Which, I presume, means it will never get to the logging line?)

1 Reply

• I don't use the built in Dialog's myself.

But, looking at the docs for it: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/builtin/messagedlg.html

... it says it returns a constant relating to the button that was pressed?

Your code is just checking for true or false, aka - a Boolean. Doesn't seem right to me? Try changing the post dialog check to check for the constant(s) instead .....

ie -  if (k==mrYes)

(Oh yeah - and in your else, you have a "break" statement before you print the log message. Which, I presume, means it will never get to the logging line?)