Ask a Question

Warning: keyword test expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation parameters

rickm
Contributor

Warning: keyword test expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation parameters

I have a thousand tests that have been running fine for years but just now I upgraded to TC 10.60 and most if not all calls of a Keyword Test from a Keyword test give me the warning:

<keyword test name> expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation parameters.

Nothing I do to the parameters in the calling test or the called test makes any difference. The release notes for 10.60 don't mention anything about calling tests from a test or operation parameters.

What has changed and how do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
matthieu_gironn
Occasional Contributor

Re: Warning: keyword test expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation paramet

I have the same issue.

I'm waiting for an answer from Smartbear.

Matt

rickm
Contributor

Re: Warning: keyword test expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation paramet

Matt, I had search the forum and didn't find any posts about this. Did you submit a ticket?

matthieu_gironn
Occasional Contributor

Hi rick,

Tanya replied to this topic in another thread here.

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Desktop-Testing/TestComplete-10-6-Problems-with-parameters-in-Run-...

Matt

rrivet
New Contributor

The other post from Tanya, says to get a patch from suport. Did you get a patch that actually fixed the problem?

rickm
Contributor

Yes, I got the patch. It was annoying to have to submit a ticket to get it though.

I originally had a 1000 to 2000 warning messages. With the patch, I still had about ten. These were ones where the keyword test being called had a default value for the parameter, and I was calling with no value. I had to click on the Value field for each of these calls to fix it. It would ask something like "Should I update your paramerter value" and I said YES. I didn't bother to investigate, but maybe it replaced a null pointer with a null value, or something like that?

I suppose I should therefore say that the patch was not a 100% solution since all my calls were OK prior to the version update, and the patch didn't fix them all.

culisse
Contributor

I am getting this Warning too and it's been mind boggling to me for a couple days now.  I don't know why I didn't come here sooner.  Now I just have to figure out how to fix it???  I guess I'm submitting a ticket.

amcnamara
Contributor

I'm experiencing this same issue. My test does not have parameters. I can't find a place to complete a support ticket anywhere. Can someone please let me know?

joseph_michaud

On the SmartBear support page is a button to Contact Support which will eventually lead you to this URL to start the process:

http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

-----
Joseph
ml
Contributor

same sh!t here ... i don´t understand this behavior. 

viva la software ergonomica!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: