Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
10 years ago

TestComplete 10.6 - Problems with parameters in Run Keyword Test

Hi,

Some of you might get the following warning in your Test Log after executing tests in TestComplete 10.6:

[KeywordTestName] expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation parameters.

The tests are executing fine, but they post that extra warning for every call.

Our R&D team confirmed this issue, and they prepared a patch that should fix it.

If you face this issue, please contact our Customer Care Team ( http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete )and request this patch.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

15 Replies

• I am fairly angry about this as I had an important test to run last night and my report to my manager this morning includes a load of warnings that I now have to explain.

Can Smart Bear explain how this made its way into their release?

• It has been almost twenty four hours after requesting support send me this patch and I still haven't been contacted. Can I PLEASE get this fix?

Clayton
      Occasional Contributor

brook_grewcock, did you register for this site: https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/ ?  

I didn't get an email reply but when I logged into the above site, the support ticket was closed and it had links to the patches.

brook_grewcock
        Contributor

Clayton wrote:

brook_grewcock, did you register for this site: https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/ ?  

I didn't get an email reply but when I logged into the above site, the support ticket was closed and it had links to the patches.

I didn't know know about that website Clayton, but I have been sent a link to the patches, and they don't work for us. We are still getting the exact same problem. So I am still waiting for a resolution.

akalogeropoulos
    Occasional Contributor

The link you provided does not work. When I click on TestComplete, it directs me to another page that displays "http://smartbear.force.com/License is under construction". I'm not able to request the patch.

Best regards,

Anastasios Kalogeropoulos

TanyaYatskovska

The forum highlighted the link incorrectly for some reason. I've modified it.

william_roe
    Super Contributor

There is now a second patch for TC and TE 10.60 and it fixes the keyword paramter warning.

cri
    New Contributor

Had the same issue most of my scripts just started to stop and causes headache.  Created a ticket, but last I heard it was sent to level 2 support.

I suggest that TC should be able to role back if such an issues occurs.  As of now if you try to uninstall the current version and install an older version you just can't.

This feature would be a great idea, and prevent testers to rollback.

Regards,

Mike

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that you faced issues after updating. I hope our Support Team will help you resolve them.

As for downgrading, we recommend that you backup your project before upgrading. In this case, if the execution of your tests don't work in the newest product version for some reason, you can always uninstall it and install the one you previously used.

rrivet
    New Contributor

I am also having this same problem, and I am running my tests on a 2nd PC using: TestExecute 10.60.3387.11

The main PC has TestComplete 10.60.3387.7

The issue occurs in both TestComplete and TestExecute.

How did a bug like this make it thru testing at SmartBear? 

Any resolution yet?

KristinaA
        Occasional Contributor

Problem is solved on both TC 10.60 and TE 10.60 when patch is applied. It could be included in upgrade script of 10.60 or could be listed as available patch to addressed issue. It would save users and TC support time.

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi,
    Please take a look at the first message in this thread:
    TanyaYatskovska wrote:

Some of you might get the following warning in your Test Log after executing tests in TestComplete 10.6:

[KeywordTestName] expects a different set of parameters. Please update the operation parameters.

The tests are executing fine, but they post that extra warning for every call.

Our R&D team confirmed this issue, and they prepared a patch that should fix it.

If you face this issue, please contact our Customer Care Team ( http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete )and request this patch.