Forum Discussion

ct_biji
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Virtual objects in test complete

I have to recognise a object individually but using test complete`s map object the whole tab is recognised as one object is there a way to map these objects seperately as in QTP througt Virtual objects.

Thanks,

Doyel

5 Replies

• Hi Doyel,

Looks like you're working with a .NET application, so TestComplete should recognize its objects by default. Could you please post a screenshot showing how the application's objects are recognized in the Object Browser here?

ct_biji
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I am attaching the screen shot of the object browser

thanks,

Doyel
  • Hi Doyel,

Thank you for the screenshots. As I see, the application's interface is created with MFC and BCG Toolbar controls are used in the application. Try following the steps below to improve the way TestComplete recognizes the application's objects:

1. Compile the application with debug information (see the Debug Info Agent help topic for more information). This will provide TestComplete with access to native methods and properties of the controls you're working with.

2. Map the toolbar controls as "Microsoft Controls | MFCToolBar" in your project's Object Mapping options via adding and enabling the "BCGToolbar*" class (see the Project Properties - Object Mapping Options help topic for more information). If the controls you work with are inherited from MFCToolBar indeed (it depends on the controls' version), this will allow you to use TestComplete's wrapper methods and properties to work with the toolbars. Also, the wrapper methods and properties will be used during scripts recording.

3. Enable the "*" element in the "Open Applications | MSAA" section of your project's properties - this can make TestComplete recognize more objects in the application.
    ngandas
    Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

Facing same issue with WFC object in TC 11.31 

And Unable to open link provided.

Can some one pls post the updated link to enable WFC application for TC Automaion.

Thx

Nilesh