Forum Discussion

DS160
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Very slow in start of each script execution

Hi, I am Using TestComplete version 15. When I start executing each test case, it takes more than 5 min to start the execution. My Application is a Desktop application. Since we have 2 weeks sprint, we started automating our test cases. I am new to this Test complete, I am very excited to learn lot more inner features to upgrade myself.

sonya_m
    3 years ago

Thank you for helping, Marsha!

Hi DS160 , please let us know if you solved this already, the Community would be happy to see your solution!

Otherwise, looks like Marsha is waiting for info from you to keep investigating.

As an alternative, please open a support ticket

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Do you mean 5 minutes at the beginning of the whole test and not after that or 5 minutes between each instruction in the test?

The easiest thing to check is this setting in Project Properties.  

Delay between events, ms - Milliseconds to wait after the test simulates any user action (click, keystroke, window command, and so on) during playback. The default is 0; any positive integer can be specified to slow down test execution.

If that doesn't help, there are other things to consider.  Are you running TC and the application under test on the same computer, or across a network?  What is your setup?

DS160
      New Contributor

Taking more time than usual to start the execution. Let's say If I start executing a function from the unit using the Run Current Routine option. I clicked the popup item by 5.30 PM and it is started putting my Log.Message() after 5.37 PM. 

Delay between events, ms is set to 0.

I am running the TC or Test Suite it takes time to start the execution.

I turned off the option to "search for visible objects first also.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

If you just use Run from the toolbar, does that change the time to start?

Let's see the code from top of your test, starting at the beginning and ending with that first Log.Message that you see.