Forum Discussion

nishaa123
Contributor
8 years ago

Version 12 Convert issue

I downloaded version 12.When i opened my project whcih is created in version 11.It asked me to convert or take backup and convert.

I hit Convert and it was spinning ,suddenly test complete was not responding and my project was also no more existed in that location.

Could you tell me why? Cant i use test complete 12 for old projects?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Yes, you can use TC12 for old projects... but when you open a project from a previous version in TC12, it does need to convert to some new file structures.

Is the project gone 100% or has it just been relocated?  Have you tried opening it from the new location?

nishaa123
      Contributor

It didn't relocate when i checked the project file in the same location it went to 0bytes size from 5KB.

I had backup so i didn't loose work but now i am not able to open project in 12 though.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

How big is your project, how many Script unites, keyword tests, tested applications, NameMapping, etc...?  the more data that needs converted, the longer it will take.  It COULD be that the conversation was still running when you "killed" the process.  It depends, a lot, on the project being converted.